Wednesday, November 26, 2008

bird by bird by bird


The whole bird thing started here. And after I made the first bird, I thought it would be a swell present to give my friends when we have our annual December gathering -- they are bigs fans of Anne Lamott as well). The pattern is the Yoruba Bird that tops the cover hat on Folk Hats. So one bird led to three birds. Then another bird. And another on the way. I'm so enchanted with the colors that are emerging that I just can't stop -- I plan to knit to the end of the ball of Noro Cotton Kureyon I unearthed from my stash (I can't find this on the Web anywhere, so I'm thinking it's not available anymore). I like that the birds are linked -- the color of one beak becoming the tail of the next. I think that they will enjoy perching in the Christmas tree until I give them away (well, not all of them).
Onward:

No comments: